Monday, March 11, 2013

Sound City Movie

Guys, you gotta see Dave Grohl's "Sound City" movie. It's fantastic. The history behind that studio is a huge part of rock music history itself!

Seeing and hearing all of those rock legends reminisce about the glory days of analog recording, and gush about this place where so much magic was created was an incredible experience as both a musician and as a music fan. It was amazing to see the "behind the scenes" of some of my favourite rock albums, and appreciate the organic process that made them what they are.

Definitely catch it. Also the movie soundtrack is coming out tomorrow and, based on all of the music they were playing in the film, I know it's going to be just as awesome as the film itself.

I know it's not #tbt yet, but sharing this photo seems timely. It's me and Dave Grohl circa 2001 or 2002 after shooting a Foo Fighters music video in NYC. Everyone in the band was so nice and cool (of course I was secretly geeking out because I am a huge Nirvana and Foo Fighters fan ahh!). It's such a great & inspiring music memory I have and I am so grateful to have met him. Hopefully one day I will get to work with him again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment