Monday, April 30, 2012

T.G.I. April 30th!!!!!

FINALLY the last day of april. also happens to be the last day of my antibiotics (yes, i've literally been on antibiotics since i had to reschedule my show at whisky a go go in LA).

this has been one truly unlucky month!!!! i am so thankful to have gotten through it, and i cannot wait til tomorrow, may 1st!

gotta keep rollin' along...

i do want to take this opportunity to thank so many of you for being so so supportive over the past few weeks. i have been absolutely devastated that my voice and body failed me a couple weeks ago. still emotionally recovering from that blow.

not only did i have the worst laryngitis imaginable (seriously, it felt like i was screaming just to get half a whisper out), but after seeing the best voice doctor in all of california (thanks again Dr. Sugerman!!) and getting cortisone shots in my ass and taking the prescribed steroids to try to get my voice back, the end result was that i had to postpone my dream of performing at whisky a go go. my voice doctor said that if i attempted to sing, i would be running a very high risk of PERMANENTLY damaging my voice. so i had no choice. we found out a couple days later, it wasn't just a simple case of laryngitis, but i actually also had a really really bad throat infection. hence i've been on antibiotics. started out on 500mg a day (!!!!!) and made it down to 100mg a day. today was the last day of the antibiotics (thank you lord!)

so physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually draining.

and you guys have been so supportive and wonderful to me. thank you for your kind words. and thank you for your support and love. thank you for making me feel like i didn't totally fail. well i guess i did, but thank you for reminding me that this was out of my control and that everything happens for a reason. thank you for being there for me.

i also want to say a HUGE thank you to whisky a go go. you guys are the awesomest. THE Awesomest.  THANK YOU for being so cool and understanding and supportive. And on that note, i DO have an announcement to make.

but at this rate, i'm gonna save my announcements for may. can't take any chances ;)

love you guys.

love & hats & cheshire cats,
madysin

No comments:

Post a Comment