Sunday, February 12, 2012

Beach Boys

Good choice getting Maroon 5 in there. They've always reminded me of a cross between a really hard rock version of the Beach Boys crossed with the Bee Gees.

tweet tweet tweet

Foster The People- i appreciate the effort, but i'm not digging your version. very authentic vibe though... Sorry, nothing personal :(

Beach Boys- You're still INCREDIBLE!!!! I am SO happy that you performed tonight at the Grammy's. Hopefully young kids that just listen to nonsense "music" will also have enjoyed your performance so that they can start to get a sense of where true "pop" (short for "popular") music got it's roots from. These guys are the real deal!!! I wish a Pop Music History class was required in grade schools. We gotta keep the true music alive!

Also really happy they did "Good Vibrations", as that's my favourite Beach Boys song, and one of my favourite songs ever.

Yay!!




No comments:

Post a Comment