Monday, December 5, 2011

Yah Learn Sumthin' New Every Month!

This month I learned that:

1) I absolutely LOVE the "surf guitar" sound of the early 1960's. LOVE!!

2) On that note, I really like The Shadows. Check them out. They are awesome. How did it take me this long to check them out?!?!?

3) I want to see Rival Sons live. They are this incredible new band from LA that channel rockin' vibes from decades past. They must throw a crazy concert. (I think the guitar playing in "Young Love" is a bit influenced by that 1960's surf thing as well! Check out the entirety of their new album, especially "Pressure and Time".)

4) The Black Angel's song "Bad Vibrations" needs to be on a Tarantino soundtrack asap.

5) My new 80's hair band song of the moment is "Hot Cherie" by Hardline. Are these guys still playing?

6) If I'm running late I walk a lot faster if I'm listening to The Phenomenal Handclap Band's "15 to 20".

7) When I want to relax all I need to do is play some Erroll Garner.

Love & Hats & Cheshire Cats, Madysin


No comments:

Post a Comment