Monday, March 8, 2010

Great White

this just made my day!!

i heard "rock me" by great white on the radio today. never heard the song before, and never heard of the band.

however

I LOVE GREAT WHITE!!!!!!!!!!! LOOOOOOOOVE!

they are amazing!!

it's like 80s hair band (the swagger & guitar solos)
meets rolling stones ("once bitten twice shy")
meets blues (the structure & feeling)
meets robert plant (holy shiz, does jack russell sound just like him or whaaaat?!?!?!)
meets axl rose (the tone, especially in "old rose motel")
meets a sense of humor ("wasted rock ranger").

check out "rock me", "face the day" (blues mix), "save your love", "old rose motel", "once bitten twice shy", "wasted rock ranger" and "the angel song".

and is it me or is "mista bone" the perfect example of how it would sound if robert plant and flea got together and started a band.

ahhhhmazing!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I just found a cover they do of Led Zeppelin's "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You". Listening to it right now, and I'm not even joking, at around the part where the vocals wail over the sped up guitar, i literally had to remind myself i wasn't listening to robert plant. insaaaaane!!! also just found out they're on tour now....yessssssss :)

    *Madysin*

    ReplyDelete